The Okanagan Valley stretches 200 km from desert climate in the south at Osoyoos, to boreal forests in the north at Vernon. In the central Okanagan, Kelowna offers a temperate climate with exceptional recreational options close at hand. With the Okanagan’s modern transportation network, you’re just a half-hour by jet, or a pleasant four hour drive from Vancouver.
With one of the warmest climates in Canada and a stunningly beautiful setting, the Okanagan is attractive to entrepreneurs and retirees alike. Okanagan residents quickly take the mild winters and warm summers for granted along with the world famous ski resorts, championship golf courses and abundant recreational opportunities amongst a patchwork of lakes and streams, including Okanagan Lake. There is always stunning view nearby waiting to be discovered.
The Okanagan Valley has a rich cultural and artistic heritage too. It’s home to world-famous artists, sculptors and artisans. Wine festivals for every season combine with theatrical and musical headliner performances to make the Okanagan a hot-bed of entertainment all year long. All of this serves as the foundation for a very strong and stable economy.
- City of Kelowna
- Kelowna Chamber of Commerce
- District Municipality of West Kelowna
- West Kelowna Chamber of Commerce
- Westbank First Nations
- Regional District of the Central Okanagan
- North Okanagan Regional District
- South Okanagan Regional District
- Okanagan Economic Development Commission
- City of Penticton
- Penticton Chamber of Commerce
- City of Vernon
- Vernon Chamber of Commerce
- Thompson Okanagan Tourism
- Super Natural British Columbia, Canada